Setting Up Your Healing Circle

We suggest you start by setting up a daily ritual for these practices – a time and a place that you consistently do these simple practices and hold sacred. It does not require a lot of time. It can be done at work, in the morning, in the evening, at home. What ever suits your needs and you can commit to daily.

Your Healing Circle

We encourage you to set up a healing circle, which will provide you a focus for your daily practice of honoring your place in the balance and rhythms of the passing seasons. View the video below for instructions on setting up your Healing Circle.

You can use your own stones or found objects to create your Healing Circle. Ancient Ways Botanicals offers ocean
tumbled beach stones and semi-precious gemstones for your Healing Circle. Both are beautiful ways to accentuate
your Healing Circle. The semi-precious gemstones include quartz points, citrine, carnelian, lapis lazuli and malachite stones.

A Healing Circle Ceremony

(Information on Healing Circle Ceremony)

Keeping a Journal

Many of the practices will suggest reflecting on certain questions. You may want to keep a journal for these reflections. It can be very interesting to review your reflections over time to see how your life is unfolding.

Sharing with Community

At the end of each communication we send you, we will always invite you to share your reflections, questions, or thoughts. This is an important part of forming our community. By telling our stories we share of ourselves. There is something in the telling of our stories that helps to heal and bring greater wholeness to our lives.

On Telling our Stories. . .

“When we tell our stories to one another, we, at one and the same time, find the meaning of our lives and are healed from our isolation and loneliness.  Strange as it may seem, self-knowledge begins with self-revelation.  We don’t know who we are until we hear ourselves speaking from the drama of our lives to someone we trust to listen with an open mind and heart.” 

– Keen & Valley-Fox, 1989, in Your Mythic Journey, p. 18

My story is important not because it is mine. . .but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is yours.  Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track. . .of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way …to lose track of our stories is to be profoundly impoverished not only humanly but spiritually.  I not only have my secrets, I am my secrets.  And you are yours.  Our secrets are human secrets, and our trusting each other enough to share them with each other has much to do with the secret of what it means to be human.

– Frederick Buechner

2 thoughts on “Setting Up Your Healing Circle

1. Pingback: Creating Your Personal Healing Circle |

2. Pingback: A Healing Circle Ceremony |

Comments are closed.